Tuesday, May 2, 2017

More waiting

We're pregnant....but as usual that doesn't make us turn cartwheels. I wish it did. I so wish for a "normal" pregnancy where you feel good shouting it out from rooftops (FYI, we've just had 2 people we know announce at 10 weeks....so i'm feeling a little sensitive). But we can't.

Five eggs were retrieved...less than we wanted, but hey, it's something. Only two fertilized, so it was plan for a 3 day transfer. The transfer went well - one was 10 cell, one was 5 cell - so just about right. It was a funny transfer, with our Dr cracking jokes about me peeing on him (which I didn't...but i'd made my bladder "perfectly full" from the ultrasound, which started the giggles). So we couldn't have asked for more really (well, except some peoples 20 eggs and 15 fertilized with oodles to freeze...).

Our first HCG test came back at an awesome 308. Couldn't have asked for better - except maybe slightly lower, as that's well within "Twins" territory, which we are just terrified of the thought of. Because waiting is hard, we snuck in for another HCG test this Saturday - 3879 - also great (though down on the trajectory it was on).

And now its Tuesday, and i'm spotting red blood. Not like the bleeding i've had before (with our successful pregnancy) unfortunately...if I was having that I think i'd be feeling a bit more confident that baby was growing...but no, just red spotting, with a lack of pregnancy symptoms yesterday and today. It doesn't feel good. I hope i'm wrong. But I am yet again reminded of how much this part sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment