Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today i'm thankful for medical science. Without it so many friends and family would not be here, or be in much worse positions than they are. Without it B and I would have no possibility of having our own children. Even through IVF we know our chances are only 30%, but having that possibility makes it worthwhile.

I know I also feel so fortunate that we're attacking this now, and that we have a reason we've ended up at an IVF clinic. So many couples have unexplained fertility, and I can't imagine how painful that must be. Our doctor summed it up nicely at our last appointment saying for us hopefully the stress would be less because we know why we're there, and that's so true. I instantly felt better when he said that, as i'd always been a little uneasy that it wasn't wigging me out more to be considering this pretty invasive process.

Hopefully this time next year we'll be thankful for our own miracle of medical science.


No comments:

Post a Comment