Friday, January 17, 2014

The wait....

The wait is a killer for most people, but I have to say I think i'm doing okay, maybe even better than B. We'll see if that changes as we get closer to going for our first blood test (5 days away), but so far all is good. I guess I keep thinking back to those 7 long months where we had this same wait. Every month. The first few were devastating, the remainder upsetting, but there were even a few there where I didn't cry over it. I just got used to the tests being negative and kept busy. Even though this time has so much more at stake, i'm feeling just like I was in those other months.

We have a meeting with Dr. Lannon on Monday to go over how the cycle went. So many questions. I guess they do this before the results so we're realistic and know our next steps before the blood test on Wednesday. Realistically I don't know how we'd afford another cycle, and we don't have any frozen embryos to even try the much cheaper Frozen Embryo Transfer like we were hoping. Still, we said we'd cross that bridge when we came to it. We know we can't do three, but a second cycle isn't totally out of the realm, even if we have to seriously scrape and raid the 401K's to get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment