Sunday, January 19, 2014

Waiting

Or not , as the case might be. I did a pee test this morning, it came out positive. With an ivf treatment though, this doesn't mean all is great, the chances of it being a false positive is high. The hormone these tests pick up is the same one I had to take a big shot of just prior to the egg retrieval surgery, so there still could be some in my system that the test picked up. Before we started this I said I wasn't going to do a pee test, I'd wait for the blood test (which is in 3 days). 

So why take this today? Well, it's been 6 days since our transfer, so 13 days since I had that shot. Everything we've read suggests it should be out of the system in 11 days. Tomorrow. We talk to the Dr about plans for the future, and I kinda wanted this info before we do that. And lastly, it's Bs birthday today, and I wanted at least some confirmation of where we were to give him. 

Excited? A little. I'm much too much of a scientist to be jumping for joy just yet.....but I'll admit, it brought a big smile to my face this morning....in a long time trying, this is the closest we've come to being pregnant.....


No comments:

Post a Comment